The majority of diseases affecting the musculoskeletal system can be treated without surgery (= conservative treatment).
- Referring to experienced physical therapists
- Prescribing specific shoe insoles
- Applying chiropractic medicine
- Injections using platelet-rich plasma or hyaluronic acid
In addition, you can personally call me after treatment for follow-up discussions of your status.
In case conservative treatment is not sufficient, there are minimally invasive surgical options such as:
- Arthroscopy for meniscal tears
- Arthroscopy for chondral lesions
- Reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament
- Reconstruction of the medial patellofemoral ligament
I am able to offer the whole spectrum of joint preserving surgery, including osteotomies around the knee joint, meniscal surgery, biological cartilage repair, ACL surgery, and disorders of the patellofemoral joint.
In case of severe destruction of the joint arthroplasty might be an option. I have implanted over 1.500 knee arthroplasties by hand in all relevant surgical techniques and offer all aspects of primary and revision total or partial knee replacement.
- Medial or lateral unikondylar Knee Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Revision of Total Knee Replacement
In case of metal allergies titanium-coated implants can be used and additionally we offer MRI- or CT-based individual knee arthroplasty in mechanical, anatomical, and kinematic alignment techniques.